Skip to main content

Random Recount_W16_2020

"Random Recount_W16_2020"

Thought of posting this before it gets stale.

Oh, why did I choose to post this? EM kind of to remind myself that some things, which might seem like a big deal, are just a small part of my life. Ngl, I cringed so deep while reading it, it was a funny one for me to read. Nevertheless, am still grateful I survived that week.

(ps: this note has been in phone since 2020; CRINGE-WORTHY content ahead)

*raw and unedited, except that I had to remove some spicy content within*

why not write an essay out of it? 

- I did, in Mandarin, but that was more of an emotional recount, a much more sentimental one.

- Long story short, I'm lazy and I choose to keep all these more concrete recounts in its original and most authentic form,

- These were from a 17y-o person, please don't judge her grammar, common sense or whatsoever.

15th April 2020

Got a phone call at 3pm
2 positive cases
Cried a lil
Should I grb my laptop and files
No you're not allowed to
Then what can I do
I dont know
Makes me worry when I see you worrying
The cold ambulance I was no longer in there wearing my white uniform
Royal purple that I loved
A Lil loose tho
Had to get seminaked for that ecg scan
Blood pressure
There's chicken in my dinner
Phoned my friends
Planning how to get into my e learning real soon

16th April 2020

woke up at 2am and 5.30am
Checked my bp
Drawn some blood at 7. 20
There's chicken in breakfast too

Fried chicken from kfc
Had my first online class in the hospital

17th April 2020

5.30 blood pressure
7.30 morning calls breathing rate
Why do I have weird dreams every night
Today abot my barbie doll being stolen
I used to dislike my grandma's fried bihun
Now this plain bihun and scrambled eggs made me think of her
Fried fish and vegetarian meal oh wow

18th April 2020

Getting used to 5.30 BP routines
Drawn blood from left arm not enough blood
Draw again from right, ya there's blood, good
And by 8 I can eat again
What's on the menu
Nasi lemak
Took the swab test again
Honestly didn't even care what the results are at that point
Had a weird dream
Complained about the xxxxx teacher

19th April 2020

Got out from hospital
Long queue
Strong emotions to go back home
Good luck little guy
I'll remember this. But never want to come back again
Dreamt of myself getting no A+ in spm and a B+ in chinese

104:26 PM

((2023 me reading this: "wow out of all dreams, academic pressure and barbie dolls were all you could dream of? you don't even like barbie jhsdkjshdk"



some random photos cuz I wanna clear my gallery heh

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into The Undergraduate World of Psychology BD_Y1S1: Uncertainty and Overwhelm

 "Into The Undergraduate World of Psychology BD_Y1S1: Uncertainty and Overwhelm " A non-academic summary of my first semester in university as an undergraduate student. "...the beauty of the red-brick buildings thereof was just inspiring,"  my favorite line from my personal statement for my university application. To me, this line reflects how naive I was, for I did not know what was coming.  I liked to think that I was ready to embrace the unknowns during my time as an undergraduate... In my secondary school and pre-university years, I made much effort to get information on psychology studies; watching YouTube videos, listening to podcasts, attending offline/ online workshops, texting seniors... you name it, I did everything I could to make myself "feel prepared" for this degree. I feel a bit embarrassed to say this, but I had my whole academic journey planned out, from A to Z, how I wanted to do postgraduate studies and all that... it was kind of subtle,...

A Volunteer Program Behind Gates and Bars

  "A Volunteer Program Behind Gates and Bars" 23rd June 2023, my second consecutive Friday without rehearsals for major events in my university. It was a lazy lazy Friday, no lectures, no master of ceremony (MC) practices. At 9.01am, a string of forwarded messages popped up and caught my attention. I was contemplating, whether to volunteer myself, or not, for a few reasons: 1. I did not know the exact date for my German exam. 2. 26th July was the date for my last paper of the semester, which happened to also be the date of evaluation for the programme. 3. One of my presentations, with the time tba, would be on the date of the programme briefing 4. I was scared and uncertain(?) I have always been a fan of watching YouTube videos about criminal psychology and prison (Inside the Probation Service & Inside Maximum Security by CNA, as well as Behind Bars by Free Documentary, JCS criminal psychology, and the list goes on). Not to mention, 《怒火街头 》(Ghetto Justice) was, and IS sti...

《第十二届马大国大佛青营-圆缘圈》

  《第十二届马大国大佛青营-圆缘圈》 佛宝林-摄影师:编辑组 2023年,在好奇心的驱使下去听了国大举办的聚缘小站(初级佛学班)。印象中,法严尊者带领大众念了念巴利文,梵文的偈颂,聊起了《苦》这门课。那时觉得好深奥,特别多名像听不懂;觉得很羞愧,报生纸上明明写着自己是位佛教徒,自己却更了解其他的宗教。然而在一次次的聚缘小站中,不完全听得懂讲师所分享的,但能微微感受到佛学会的包容——有一丝温暖;很难不察觉到大家对于佛学的精进与分享欲。 入营前最后一餐:苹果派 2024年,开始承担团体的理事——得频繁地与许多人对接工作,分配工作,执行工作,监督工作;累了要避免喊累,害怕的时候不能表现得太慌;遇到形形色色的人,有时满足不了全体筹委/理事,但还得继续往前冲。我那时告诉自己:必须自私一点了,把一些时间献给自己,调整好了状态,再回来战场继续奋斗吧。 “Boss,今年的佛青营参加吗?3月的...... 可是会收手机几天啦。” 收手机?太好了不用看到这些东西,能逃避现实就赶紧逃吧! "嗯嗯,参加,参加。必须得参加。” 读下去前,这里有个声明:这篇文章只代表本人的立场,感受和想法。 *以下心得是营队期间每一晚入睡前写的;本人已对这些段落加以处理。 第一天 (23/02/2024) 昨晚......不对,是今早,其实很“早"睡,也确实很早醒。 一早起来梳洗后,开启了”交代工作“的环节————期待,害怕。 期待终于可以把任务放下了;害怕,因为要把任务放下了,好害怕回到家后开邮件箱那一刻。 感恩站在左边的这位善知识,缓解了我一丝丝的焦虑 我是否会打回原形? 我不知道,也没有人可以预测。 想记下今天的重点词汇。 (一)慈悲: 谅解他人,不带给他人不便。 If that brings peace to both of us, why not do it? 我改变不了处境,但我能改变态度。 把心处理好,才好好去解决问题。 (二)感恩: 终于有个时段让我学佛咯。虽然不敢说太多话,还蛮惊讶大家都蛮热情,友好的。感恩自己拿下了这个机会,踏出舒适圈学习。 谢谢大家。 谢谢自己。 对对对。 第二天 (24/02/2024) 哈罗,辅导员有看我的心得(?) 哈哈。如果有,希望不要再早饭时讨论哦:)(还是我多心了) 今天,有几样事情啦! i) 静坐完后期,喝白开水时,味道是甜的。 ii)...